By moss+ross team.
The moss+ross team gathered virtually last week to kick off the new year, and exchanged advice for approaching the opportunities and challenges ahead.
- Use virtual meetings to your advantage by emphasizing the interaction and inclusiveness that this medium offers. Don’t just present a webinar – engage and inspire.
- Introduce some fun – be creative in how you’re engaging with people, whether that’s through Google Meet or from behind your mask.
- Reach out for help, or find and lift up the voices of others who have done the work that can be helpful.
- Do things to plant possibility for the future – like a gardener plants a seed.
- Connect personally. Pick up the phone.
- Plan ahead, but don’t get too far ahead. Sometimes opportunity comes in working with what you have in front of you. This moment is what you have.
- Extend grace to others. Avoid judging too harshly and recognize that many people are carrying heavy loads.
- Patience is a virtue. Do what you can, and know that tomorrow is another day to try.
- Stay positive, and project that positivity to others. Try using a mantra for yourself, such as “the best is ahead”
- Don’t take yourself too seriously. Take a deep breath.
- Be mindful of your own health. Go outside. Drop your shoulders when you’re on that Zoom call, and lean back.
- “Hold fast to what is good.” What is good keeps us anchored, strong and consistent.
Oh, and one more thing: change your passwords!
Our team is grateful to do meaningful work with each other and with each of our clients. We wish you wisdom and grace in this coming year.